Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rainy Days

Well, it is raining here in and we are all trying to remain sane.  My kids wanted to go to the pool today, but it is not gonna happen.  So, we are at home playing on the Wii and trying to come up with things to keep us busy.  What kind of things do you do in the rain?  We have had movie days, Wii days, board game days, and just doing nothing days.  

Yesterday, I started working on knitting, once again.  I keep trying to perfect my knitting skills.  They are getting better, but I am not ready to go beyond the simple scarf, blanket, and wash cloth stage.  My crochet skills are much better.  I don't know why I feel the need to get this knitting thing down, but it drives me nuts that I can't knit.  Isn't that crazy?

I have had a few ideas this morning for fall.  If you go looking on the Simplicity patterns site or on the McCall's pattern site, you can find some inspiration.  I have also seen some interesting pinterest posts.  That is a site that I have yet to explore.  I feel like I already have too many sites to keep up, with Facebook, Etsy, and this blog.

For today, I am back to my knitting.  I am trying to make a basket weave baby blanket.  It is going pretty well, but I am not fast.  Also, if anyone in my family tried to talk to me, I have to finish a set of 5 stitches before they can speak.  It is just hard for me to focus on what I am doing when someone is talking.  I am so very weird. 

For now, my sewing room is a mess and has material waiting to be placed into something cute.  It will have to wait for me for a while.  I just can't get motivated to make anything right now.  Also, I have plenty of things listed on Etsy.  So, if you are looking for anything for Fall, or for baby shower gifts, check out my Etsy shop.  We would love to have you.



No comments:

Post a Comment