Saturday, June 2, 2012

OK, so my first attempt at a little boys outfit was successful(see picture below). It was so cool to see this romper come alive.  I was worried at the beginning, because it looked like a dress.  However, as the outfit came together, I could see this on some little boy around 6 months old.  I do like the way it turned out.  The next one maybe a picture smocked romper.  The material I picked out is a cream.  So, I am thinking some giraffes, dogs, or my monkeys( I love the monkeys).  We will see what I come up with.  The romper is for sale on my Etsy shop for $50.  However, if you are a local customer, I may be able to give you a discount if you order through me and not Etsy. 



The other item that was created these past few weeks was a bag for my daughter's teacher.  It turned out way better than I expected and was so quick to make.  I used her school's t-shirt that someone had given to me.  The back of the t-shirt had the perfect picture for a bag.  The bottom and inside were made with a lime green cotton and the handles are pink grosgrain ribbon.  I was so excited when it was finished.  I would love to do more of these.  If you wold like one, let me know.  You would have to let me know what t-shirt you would like for the bag.






















Let me know if you want a creative bag like this one.  It was a ton of fun to make.  I can't decide if these are going on my Etsy shop.  Any thoughts?

Well, I must get to work.  I am starting on booties and bloomers for another little sweet girl that is due to arrive in July.  Also, I will need to attempt another boys outfit.  Summer is here, so I do not work as much.  The pool needs me too this Summer.  Hopefully, I will write some more soon about the Summer fun at Sewing Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment