Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Let's Hear it for the Boys"

It was an exciting time in my life.  I was pregnant with my first child, and could not wait to be a mom.  The big question that was asked of me at the time was, "Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?"  We thought about it a little bit, but honestly we didn't have any strong feelings either way, so, off we go to the big ultrasound.  They asked if we wanted to know, and we said, "Why not?"  We were told that our first child was going to be a boy.  Well, now that we knew, it was time to get things ready.  The big question that is always on the mind of a mom to be is, "What is my child going to wear home from the hospital?"  Every mom wants that outfit to be special.

That is what I have been working on this week.  Special outfits to have baby wear home from the hospital.  I have made some beautiful Bishop Smocked Dresses for newborn girls, but not many boys outfits have been constructed on my sewing machine.  This week, I had the great pleasure of making the outfit below for a friend of mine.  She has a grandson on the way.
I have made this particular outfit before, but it was long sleeved.  I think I like the short sleeve.  I thought the monkey was so cute that he may be a part of some other outfits.

Mr. Monkey has stole my heart.  His little sleepy eyes are so cute.  Today, I decided to start a bubble romper for his 2nd appearance.  The romper is in a brown plaid material and the monkey will be displayed on a cream appliquéd circle.  I am still trying to decided if the outfit will have sleeves or not.  What do you think?

Christmas has also been on my mind today.  I know, it is several months away, but in the children's clothing area, you have to start thinking early.  You want that special outfit for your child to wear in the family pictures. Right?  Every little girl needs that beautiful dress.  So, I am working on something to incorporate the Christmas color theme.  I don't want to leave the boys out of the picture, so I may be recreating the outfit above in a Christmas theme.  However, I am not sure what kind of embroidery to stitch.  Do you have any ideas?  Feel free to let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment