Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hey, Hey We're The Monkeys

This past weekend I was all over the Monkey theme.  A friend of mine has a daughter that is due soon.  She wanted a outfit for newborn baby boy to wear home from the hospital.  I gave her a few choices, and the picture below is what she wanted.

This turned out so very sweet and I fell in love with Mr. Monkey.  I have made this outfit with long sleeves, but this is the first short sleeved version.  I really like the long sleeves, but the short sleeves look great.  I may try this one again.  We will see if there is any interest.

So, after making precious outfit #1, I decided that Mr. Monkey needed to be on another gem of an outfit.  So, I made the one you see below.

This one turned out even better.  It is a 0-6 months size.  Can't you just see your newborn baby boy wearing this home from the hospital or for those first pictures.  I love this monkey.  He just looks so sweet.  Also, the colors of this one turned out great.  It is a brown plaid, and fully lined with cream batiste.  I just have to add buttons and some snaps.

So, now that I have grown attached to Mr. Monkey, I am toying with the idea of doing him in girl colors.  So, I guess he would be Ms. Monkey.  I am thinking that a pink monkey with a white face would be very cute. 

Well, I do have to put Mr. and Ms. Monkey aside for a few days.  I am wanting to make a Christmas version of the dress below.

This dress is one of my favorites and it always looks so beautiful.  I just know that in Christmas colors it would look awesome.  So, be looking for pictures and listings on Etsy for this one.  I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment