Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dave Ramsey Wallet

Have you taken the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class?  We have, and we are living mostly debt free.  The only thing we have left is to pay off that dreaded mortgage.  That class was the best thing for our marriage and our children's future.  We are still teaching them about all things F.P.U.  That will take us some more time. 

Did you get a F.P.U. wallet?  We did.  I tried to use it for a while, but I did not like the envelopes.  While I was at the store, the flaps on the envelopes became very annoying.  So, I found my own wallet that had some dividers and added some small dividers.  This has been very helpful.  However, my wallet is starting to tear up, and I need a new one.  The only problem is, I can't find one that will work.  Also, we are getting out kids involved in the process and they are needed a way to keep their categories separate.

I have looked on Etsy and other places in order to figure out how to make a wallet.  Most of the ones I have seen are fabric versions of the envelopes or several zipper wallets together in one big one.  These would work, but I think I can do better.  So, today I am going to try to work on my version of the Dave Ramsey wallet. The main things are it needs to be practical and fashionable for my daughter(yes, she is at that age).  I am pretty sure that I can get it figured out, but my concern is the zippers.  Zippers are not always user friendly when comes to sewing.  So, wish me luck.  With any luck, by the end of the weekend, I will have a finished product that the girl will enjoy.

For those of you in the midst of the F.P.U. journey, I send you my Debt Free motivation.  Get there and you will never go back.  It is wonderful on this side of the mountain.  Come on over, we have no stress, no debt, and a lot of FREEDOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment