Monday, August 27, 2012

First Week of School Craziness

Last week was the first week of school for my kids.  So, I was not posting much anywhere.  Also, my father had surgery and life was just crazy.  School starting changed my schedule and spending time at the hospital visiting my father and spending time with my family kept me from posting any blogs.  My kids are enjoying their first few days of school and seem to be getting off to a great start.  My father's surgery went great and he his home recovering.  It was a week of blessings all around.  My brother and my sisters and I were together for the first time since 2008.  That was fun.  I was sad to see them all go home, and will cherish the time we spent.

Now, life is somewhat back to normal.  I continue my training for my next half marathon in October.  My daughter is in a production of "Charlotte's Web" in October.  My husband and my son are just trying to keep up with everything.  It is amazing how once school starts the lazy days of Summer disappear so quickly.  Bummer!  I like lazy days.

Before things got crazy, my daughter and I decided we would try to make a tutu dress.  I have seen these all over Etsy and Pinterest, and they are so cute.  My first attempt was to crochet a headband and attach the toile to the spaces in the headband.  It was very difficult, and it looked funny.  So, we put it aside for a while.  Today I transferred the toile to a piece of elastic.  WOW!!!  So, much easier.  It looks much better and I can't wait to show off the finished product.  I am hoping the finished product will be good for a little girls tutu or a dress for "dress up".  However, my advice, if you ever work with toile, DO NOT use the stuff with glitter.  We have glitter all over the house and I keep finding it in very strange places.  Also, toile is not cheap.  As outfits go, the tutu dress or tutu are very easy to construct.

Right now, I have several Fall items on my Etsy shop for sale.  I would love for them to find a good home.  If you have a little one that needs a dress or a Baby Shower that you are attending, consider one of my items on my Etsy shop.  The link to my shop will be at the end of this blog.

My knitting practice is going well.  I have a piece that is pretty long.  I am hoping that I will have a Baby Blanket when I am done.  It won't be the best, but that is why you practice first.  The more I practice, the better I get a feel for the stitches.  The purl stitch is a struggle for me, but it is getting better.

Tomorrow, it is back to the glitter.  I will be finishing up on the tutu.  I can't wait to show off the colors.  It reminds me of the Tinkerbell  movies.

Have a great evening.

Sewing Sweet Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment