Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring and Easter are busy times around the sewing shop.  Most people want a new outfit for their little one.  I am so glad to say that I have 3 or 4 orders this season.  I am praying that I don't get overwhelmed.  I am blessed to make clothes for so many little ones.  The dresses do not look near as beautiful sitting on a hanger.  It takes a little one to make them come alive. 

My other thoughts this season are the colors.  Spring and Easter have such wonderful colors.  My favorite colors are purple, pink, pastel green, and sometimes a pale blue.  Most of the time it depends on the shade of the color that makes a difference.  There are also many fabrics that look great.  Broadcloth and Batiste are good fabrics, but Kona cotton and seersucker work great for the season.  I have also found that a linen blend is a good choice.  A pure linen is not my favorite choice, however.  Pure linen tends to wrinkle too much and is a little itchy. 

What are your favorite colors or fabrics?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment