Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just a normal day at the office...

Well, actually a normal day  in the sewing room.  Today was not the best sewing day.  There is a piece of material that has tried my patience to the bitter end.  Have you ever had a day like that?  5 times I tried to pleat this material.  Is there something wrong with the pleater, you ask? NO. Is there something wrong with the material? NO.  Yes, it was me.  You know the saying, "Practice makes perfect", well that only applies if you actually practice.  That is something that I have not been doing with my pleater.  When you do not practice, two things happen, #1 you can't remember what you are doing, and #2 your pleater will start a revolt.  Finally, after many tries with this particular material, I threw it out and started over.  Yes, I had the same problem.  AHHH!!!  I even broke one of the new needles my husband gave me for Christmas.  Finally, after getting way more frustrated than anyone should with a pleater (I mean it wasn't his fault.  He was just feeling rejected and lonely.), the material is pleated to my satisfaction. So, tomorrow, I will begin smocking some flip flops on this white thing.  With any luck, I will have a cute smocked insert for someone.

That reminds me.  My shop has smocked inserts for anyone who is interested.  If you have a jumper or dress that just needs a smocked insert follow the link to my inserts.
You can choose one of the ones pictured.  If you don't see one you like, we can discuss the possibility of ordering a plate.  So, stop by Sewing Sweet Tracy.

Smocked Inserts

No comments:

Post a Comment